The Student News Site of Summer Creek High School

Creekside

Creekside

Creekside

FNAF Movie Review

Courtesy+Image+
Courtesy Image

I wanted to do some horror movie reviews for October like last year but that didn’t end up working so well so I’m going to do a really quick horror movie review before we are too far into November. And for this movie, I had to do something special, I had to go with the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie.

First of all, I want to say I’m a decently big fan of the games. I haven’t actually played most of them but I’ve been watching videos on Youtube since the games started coming out probably so I was really excited for this movie. The star of the movie, Josh Hutcherson, is really cool too, great in the Hunger Games and a great host of SNL, so I was excited to see how he was in the movie because I haven’t seen him in movies for a while. So did the movie disappoint?

Sort of?

The FNAF movie is not amazing, like it’s kind of weird, but I feel like if you go in just expecting a light horror movie and don’t care that much about it being just like the games. For those who don’t know, the FNAF franchise has a very long and incredibly complicated storyline that is very important to many fans so I think if you’re a HUGE fan of the series, you might not like it as much. If you’re familiar with the games and a couple things about the story, I think you might enjoy it because it’s just a fun quick movie. 

If you’re worried about it being too scary or gory, it’s not too bad in my opinion at least. Of course there are some creepy things that happen from time to time but it is probably tamer than the games. Of course the main themes and base story of the game is still present in movies but it doesn’t get very dark beyond that. It gets a little ridiculous at some point honestly, like kind of goofy, but it sort of adds to the movie in a weird way, it gives it character. 

Probably the coolest part of the movie are the animatronics because they are actual animatronics. They are actual robots moving around and people acting with actual robots, I can’t imagine how cool that would be. I think if they were CGI or even people walking around in weird suits, it just wouldn’t have been the same. I’m sure they used that at some points in the movie but at most points it was real animatronics which is super cool. 

My absolute favorite part of the movie though is unfortunately something I can’t mention without spoiling but what I can say is that it’s a performance of three different characters from three different actors. Two of them are just really fun with what they do in the movie but the last guy is just really good at it, like putting on a PERFORMANCE, it’s amazing. 

I can’t say much more without spoiling so I’ll leave you with this. I ultimately recommend you go watch it just to form your own opinion, I can’t promise you’ll like it, but I think you should see it. It’s in theaters and on the streaming service Peacock right now so if you’re not all interested, go see it. That’s it for this review but I hope you enjoyed and please make sure to check out other articles and if you somehow didn’t pick up a copy, swing by the Summer Creek Press room for our first of the printed issues coming out this year. Anyway thank you for reading and have a great day!