The Student News Site of Summer Creek High School

Creekside

Creekside

Creekside

The Class of 2024 “Most Likely”

Courtesy+Image+
Courtesy Image

SCHS has a tradition of senior superlatives that has been carried out for many years. Senior superlatives are for the graduating class to participate and have another fun memory to relish for their graduating year. 

“I think superlatives are a tradition at Summer Creek because they are a fun way for our class to unite together as we approach the end of our senior year,” senior class body president, Payton Carey, said. “People look forward to seeing who wins, and they are a great page in the yearbook and something fun for our class instagram.”

As known and highly talked about as superlatives are, the percentage of seniors that actually nominate ,vote  and participate is quite low.  Only up to 10% of the class nominates. The 10%  that do participate have been nominated for categories such as Mr. and Mrs. Kind, Most likely to be in Reality TV, and best dressed. Although finalists have been announced, winners will be announced at a later date. This information will be given as a surprise, which will be announced in the yearbook as well as for the body class use. 

“I think it’s fair,” senior superlative nominee Narciso Ramirez said. “I’m late all the time. My close friends know that, my teammates know that, and even my teachers know that. So I definitely think that I deserve it and it’s funny. I could very much say it’s what I’m known for at this point.”

The class officers take much consideration into superlatives. They begin brainstorming ideas in December. Superlative categories are created by the senior class officers with the approval of the administration. When given the approval, they now have permission to open voting and allow people to begin nominating. They then will take the top few nominations and will send it back to the voting ballot. How winners are picked are strictly up to the voters. The senior class officers do choose how winners are announced. 

“Superlatives are fun ways to get the seniors involved,”STUCO and class officer sponsor, Stephanie Lopez, said. “ It is fun to see them try and come up with new categories.”

When winners are announced they do get plenty of recognition. The winners will get a photoshoot with the help of the yearbook staff. The yearbook staff and class officers work hand in hand seeing as how the photos will also be used for an yearbook page. The public relations officer Briley O’Connor  also gives them recognition on the class of 2024 instagram page.