The Student News Site of Summer Creek High School

Creekside

Creekside

Creekside

Soccer senior night

Senior+girls+soccer+players+smile+during+senior+night+
Maci Wiley
Senior girls soccer players smile during senior night

As the third nine weeks comes to a close, the senior boy’s and girl’s soccer players celebrate their last year within the soccer program. During senior night, on Feb. 23, the girls played Northshore, and the boys played CE King on March 6. The seniors were recognized for all they have done within the past years that they have been on the team. They decorated and personalized  tables to celebrate their achievements. 

”How I feel I contributed was by being a glue guy,” senior Cullen Garza said. “It’s not like everyone gelled with each other and being someone that I felt was able to connect with everyone was a big deal to me.” 

Garza said this to show how he contributed within the years that he was in the program. He shows this by saying how he helped the team come together, and not break apart when people were on different sides.  This can help lead to wins since the team works better together than apart.

“Something memorable from my senior season was getting an exciting win on senior night against CE King.” senior Tomas Echeverri said. “It was a special moment I got to share with my family and teammates and that night will stick with me forever. “

Echeverri shows how the team came together, and won against CE King during an important night, and also allowing them to have a chance to make the playoffs. Having senior night where friends and family show up to support the seniors allows for special moments like the win against CE King to be even more memorable. 

The girls also enjoyed their senior night and senior season.

”Beating Atascocita for the first time in history was my favorite moment of my senior year,” senior Erin Rivers said. 

To finally beat a school that the girls have never beaten before caused the girls to look back on their senior season with pride and a feeling of accomplishment.