The Student News Site of Summer Creek High School

Creekside

Creekside

Creekside

Girls track races towards districts

Track+team+hurdles+toward+victory+
Journey Chargois
Track team hurdles toward victory

Humble ISD Varsity District Track Meet is right around the corner. With Head Coach Ahmad Roper, Summer Creek’s girls track team is rolling into another year hot as ever. Some key factors to this team are Senior Madisyn Jackson, Sophomore Phoenix Phillips, Senior Annah Williams, Senior Madison Thomas, and Sophomore Brooke Lloyd. The whole school is excited about the district but before we get there, let’s recap on some highlights of the season.

The Senior leader Madisyn Jackson signed to Oklahoma State University and eyes are opening wider towards the next level as the season comes to an end soon. There have been many personal records and even school records broken this season. One personal record was from Sophomore Raylen Cyril running a 25.74 in the 200 meter dash. One school record was in the 4 by 200 relay race. This was run by Trinity Williams, Madisyn Jackson , Brooke Lloyd, and Annah Williams. Their time was 1:36:81. The most jaw dropping highlight throughout this season was from Sophomore record breaking Brooke Lloyd. The number one time in the nation has made a personal record for herself almost every week up until the record shattering time of 52.76.

“I just feel like I have something to prove, I can’t worry about anybody else I just have to worry about me,” Lloyd said. 

With her only being a Sophomore the whole world can’t wait to see what districts and the next two years have in store for her.

The question about the feeling of going into the district was given to Sophomore Phoenix Phillips. With her only being able to run for a little before having a setback injury, it appears she has a chip on her shoulder entering the district. “After my Injury, I have been working to get past where I was before the setback. I’m going into the district more confident than ever because I know what I’m capable of. My goal is to take my mind off the injury as much as possible.”

Phoenix has been on varsity since her Freshman year so this is nothing new to her.

As stated before, the whole school cannot wait to see what our girls have in store this time around. Everyone has their opinion but in our schools option, there’s not a team out there who’s going to outdo the Bulldogs.